TechCare provide businesses with technology solutions and support, helping them work smarter and grow profits.
Established in 2008, we set out supporting local businesses of Staffordshire. Over time we have expanded our portfolio of services and our client base. We now support clients in many different types of industry across the UK and Europe.
Through providing IT support to a variety of clients over the years, we noticed that they were all struggling to centrally manage and monitor their key business data. Many were using a plethora of spreadsheets or disconnected applications. We were sure there had to be a better way, so we embarked on a mission to create a complete business management system. A system that was affordable enough for small businesses to get started with, but powerful enough to support enterprise organisations. We built CloudFlow.
CloudFlow is a modular business management application. The core feature set includes Lead Management, Quoting Tools, Purchase Ordering, Job Scheduling, Cost Capture and KPI Dashboard.
We are looking for a driven individual who has experience working with web-based ERP, CRM or generic CRUD based applications to help us grow this product and the associated custom modules that clients may require.
We provide a friendly place to work where you are sure to feel part of a small but powerful team. We understand the importance of investing in our people and there is support for self-development with training. You are also sure to pick up a thing or two from our existing team who are super excited by new serverless AWS technologies.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Liaising with our clients to understand their needs and finding a best fit
- Writing scope for future development works
- Creating applications using clean, well-documented code in the Laravel framework (sometimes without a framework in the case of legacy applications)
- Managing and maintaining the server infrastructure for our applications (mainly LAMP with some AWS technologies)
- Managing updates to our applications and keeping release notes documented based on development works carried out
- Working directly with the MD of the company at this stage to understand the longer -term goals for our applications.
- Working on our internal systems – continuous development
- Building bespoke applications using the CloudFlow core for our clients
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Good inter-personal skills – Communication is key in this role. We are a small team where everyone must do a bit extra. To keep things moving, great communication skills are essential
- 3 Years’ experience using PHP OOP & MYSQL in a commercial environment
- 2 years’ experience using Laravel framework in a commercial environment
- An understanding of security best practices when developing our applications
- Design, run and document Unit Tests
- Strong technical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Experience with JS Frameworks (Vue, React, Node are preferable)
- Experience of working with the following data formats: JSON, SOAP, ODATA, XML, CSV
- A good demonstrable grasp of version control systems (we use GIT)
- Experience in solving cross-browser/platform issues
- Experience with agile development and best practices
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate design ideas and solutions to clients and team members
- DevOps knowledge for Linux Systems – AWS knowledge preferred but not essential
- A full clean UK Driving licence with your own car (to occasionally travel to and from clients)
- Ability to commute to Rugeley, Staffordshire.
Salary between £35,000 and £50,000 subject to candidate experience, qualifications and suitability to the position.
For further information, please use the contact form to send us a message and a member of our team will be in touch